On September 1, 2020, Virginia CDOs were decertified by CMS. A temporary certificate was issued to CDOs that were still active as of August 31, 2020. This temporary certificate is valid until December 31, 2020.
During this time, CDOs may operate as normal. The Virginia Exchange will be providing additional guidelines sometime later this year on how to renew your CDO status.
In the meantime, the Virginia Exchange recommends completing the following:
- Register as a CDO in Virginia through the Bureau of Insurance at www.sircon.com/Virginia. Select “Virginia Health Benefit Exchange Assister Registration”.
- Attach to the application the following:
- A signed copy of the Compliance Agreement for CAC Designated Organizations
- A list of cities and counties in which the CDO operates
- A list of certified CACs
During this transition, the previous CDO and CAC ID numbers will no longer be valid.
New CDO numbers will be issued by the Virginia Exchange. CDOs should have received an email with their new CDO numbers.
For CACs who are currently certified, CACs were decertified by CMS on September 1, 2020. If a CAC is actively certified as of August 31, 2020, then the CDO may temporarily extend the CAC’s certification through October 31, 2020.
Prior to October 31, 2020, the CAC must complete the following:
- Complete the required assister training through the CMS Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS) (http://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/training-materials/training) (when the new 2021 training is available on the MLMS)
- When accessing the training on the MLMS, CACs will now select “SBE-FP Assister” under the “Assister type” in the drop-down menu. For the “Organization Type” drop-down, select “State-based Exchange Using the Federal Platform”. An assister ID number is not required to complete training.
- Meet any other requirements their CDO requires for certification.
- The CDOs will issue new CAC ID numbers.
- The Virginia Exchange will recognize the following format for CAC ID numbers: VHBECDO[A00]
[A00]- Insert here your CDO ID as assigned by the Virginia Exchange.
- Insert here the unique number that you have assigned to each CAC.
Sircon CDO Application Guide
BOI Enroll VA Call 8.26.2020
Remote Assistance Resources
- Obtain verbal or written consent and document it in your files
- Plan for 60-75 minutes per remote appointment.
- Ask for the best way to send materials: email, text, or mail
- For mail: schedule appointments 5-7 days out
Technology Tools for Remote Assistance
Note: Before implementing new technology resources, please check with your health center’s IT department and/or leadership staff.
Options for Voice/Video/Messaging Platforms
- Google Meet
- Google Voice
- Zoom for Healthcare
Options for Document Scanner Apps
- Adobe Scan
- Microsoft Office Lens
Anthem Presentation for Open Enrollment for 2021 Coverage
Password to view: OE2020
Outreach Strategies for Vulnerable Populations During a Health Crisis | (45 min.)
Learn outreach strategies for the upcoming Enrollment period from Health Outreach Partners
Password to view: CrisisComms20*
Watch the Webinar Here
Health Reform: Beyond the Basics